Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Unusual Art Mediums that Create Beauty

Hi Everyone :)

I have been trying out some different art mediums lately because I have a bit of the artist's block (you know, like writers block). I have recently tried to work with Sculpey, a polymer clay, but discovered that using original Sculpey is difficult for making figurines...but I have got lots of practice in! lol. Until I buy some super sculpey or some Fimo, I was looking for something different to do. I am kind of bored with painting, and I have been trying my hand at decoupage (which I absolutely love!), and am totally out of ideas...

I have actually been in a bit of a creative slump, so I decided to check out some things online. You would not believe the wonderful artists that I found!

Monica J. Roxburgh, whose website can be found here, creates some of the most beautiful masks and artwork I've seen in a long time! In addition to her website "Goblin Art" she has a blog titled The Magpie and the Mask talks about her artwork, creativity, and juggling her work, personal projects, and being a mother. You should really check out her work...it's really amazing.

Another artist is Nives Cicin-Sain, whose website can be found here. The artwork is whimsical, surreal, and otherworldly, I think I have fallen in love with this art! From suns and moons, to people in shoes, you really have to see it to appreciate it. She also has a book out that contains tutorials for the reader to re-create the artwork for themselves! I haven't bought it yet, but it is definitely on my list.

Anyway, I will be posting pictures of my finished work soon, (hopefully before thursday, lol)

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment